Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Good Fight

My affinity with Coelho's works started when I first read "The Alchemist" then "The Zahir." Both are great works that I soon realized my wanting to write one some day_ my own book.

As of this writing, I'm still in the process of reading and hopefully finishing the book. I wanted to do it so bad that regardless of my schedule, I would keep track and make sure I'll read a page or two.

Here's something that I want to share with you guys, a passage more so an excerpt from the book. This has something to do with living our dreams; creating what must be created to continue whatever our hearts feel of doing...

"We must never stop dreaming. Dreams provide nourishment for the soul,just as a meal does for the body. Many times in our lives we see our dreams shattered and our desires frustrated, but we have to continue dreaming...what's important is knowing that both sides were fighting the good fight."

"The good fight is the one we fight because our heart asks it of us...Today, though, the world has changed a lot, and the good fight has shifted from the battlefields to the fields within ourselves."

"The good fight is the one that's fought in the name of our dreams. When we're young and our dreams first explode we haven't yet learned how to fight. With great effort, we learn how to fight, but by then we no longer have the courage to go into combat. So we turn against ourselves and do battle within...we kill our dreams because we are afraid to fight the good fight."

After reading these, I began asking if I did fight the good fight? Am I really living my dream? Honestly, I felt that I did go into battle not against another person but within. There were times before when I felt I cannot develop something out a very frustrating situation or let's say I have sort of given up. But things have changed and made me see the value of living for your self...your dreams...your seemingly dead wants. I began to realize that whatever it is that my heart really desires, a way would reveal itself. That any time lost isn't a waste...

If living the good fight means huge waves of trials then so be it,
If living the good fight means digging the past and resolving with it, then I am prepared.

If living the good fight means facing your biggest fears, then I will be proud to contend with it, giving all I have for my dreams sake.

We are heading on different roads...pursuing our own destinies. Declarations of hope are like declarations of inner voices, always seeking to be heard.

We have ambitions, needs and aspirations either for ourselves or for others. Just remember, that wherever life takes you...your heart will be your saving grace.

No comments: